QtChange $ 24,95
But it can used for a lot of other workflows as well.
(Eg better media management of non-timecoded sources.)
This tool will let you batch alter QT files.
Use it to alter properties, or to add TC / Reel info.
It is tested with QT files created by Nikon or Canon cameras, but will probably work on a lot more.
So with this, you can add Timecode, either Rec Run style, or Free Run style.
(In the case of Free Run style, time and date from the shooting can be used for TC / reel info.
Main features include
- Add Timecode, 'free run' or 'rec run' style
- Add timecode based on THM files / metadata (more accurate, works with Canon created clips)
- Extract THM files if they are embedded in the QT (like a Canon 60D writes)
- Extract sound to 48 Khz BWF files (with optional speed change)
- Add custom reelname(s)
- Change Reel info
- Offset sound (to fix sync problems)
- Change display settings
- Change qualtiy settings
- Change speed settings
- Change amount of tracks (well, delete tracks...)
- Flatten movies after changing
- Export / transcode movies and alter them at the same time
- And it can add TC and Reel info from an Avid ALE.
The last function is a sort of 'Reverse Metacheat'
It is now in version 2.41 for both Mac and Windows.
Latest version has more compatible 29.97 fps TC writing.
Drag and drop now works again on Mac.
IT CAN WORK DESTRUCTIVE.
This means, it can alter your original files, and it will do what you tell it to do.
If you tell it to delete all tracks, it will happily do so and you get stuck with empty files...
So if you don't know what you are doing, STAY AWAY!
There is a bug in either QT or OSX that can corrupt clips
if they live on a network drive. This is NOT a QTchange bug!
The same corruption can happen if you use FCP to change TC!
so, DO NOT work from network drives, unless you have tested it well!
FcpX only reads timecode if there is a Reelname present.
QTchange is now FcpX compatible, but you cannot leave the reelname empty!
Thanks. I love the software. I shoot with DSLRs and love being able to have an actual timecode for my clients to look at when selecting sound bites.
I love this program!!!!!
Thank you for your prompt response and fantastic product!
Your tools are great, so glad I found them.